Sunday 15 January 2012

Granny Square a Day - week 2


Week 2 - I have complete one square each day, but not yesterday as I was out all day.  I have 12 squares completed and tonight I will have to 'catch-up' and make two. 

My Sage Green yarn arrived on Tuesday, (all 500 grams of it) but I am still undecided as to whether to use it or not.   I want to continue using the beige colour as the edging.    I think it might be an idea to make up a couple of squares with the green colour and see how it looks. 

I mentioned last week that I searched in all my local shops that sell wool for this particular Sage Green colour.  I could only find it on eBay in 500 gram balls.   We went to another shopping area on Friday, one we don't visit often. You guessed - I found a shop selling just that colour of yarn.  Oh well, at least I have plenty for other projects.

I am still working on the multi coloured scarf.   I now realise that I have made it too wide, and I will have to fold it in half lenghtwise when wearing it.  Otherwise, I think it looks great, and it will definitely be very warm to wear.  I hope to complete it this week and will post a picture when done.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Gwen - your crochet squares are FAB x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited. I love to hear from you!