Monday 1 July 2013

National Pelargonium Show and Cats

June is always a busy month for me with shows and my own greenhouse plants, and the garden.

The following week after the show at Farnborough I went to Capel Manor, in Enfield, Middlesex (North London) to Steward at the National Pelargonium Show.  I love this show, and I really enjoy Stewarding.  I always learn something new from the Judge I am accompanying.   It was not a large show, unfortunately.  The weather had taken its toll and many exhibitors just did not have their plants ready to bring along.   However, what was there was good and I had a very enjoyable day.







We watched the two BBC programmes on the Secret Life of Cats.  It was filmed in our village and I was a bit worried that my vegetable garden would be shown.  We had been asked to sign an agreement that it could be shown.  My vegetable garden, in particular, is visited by the local cats who think my raised bed are very large litter trays.  So much so that when I have nothing planted and growing well, very bit of vacant soil is covered with something to prevent the cats gaining access.  So, my vegetable garden never ever looks like the vegetable garden one sees in books and magazines.  However, I need not have worried - my garden was not filmed, or if it was, the footage was not used.  They did show a clip of a pheasant by my front gate post!

On Saturday we were invited to celebrate the 40th wedding anniversary of some friends.  It was a lovely day for a celebration.  We had a surprise visit by 'Elvis' who entertained us for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited. I love to hear from you!