Tuesday 12 June 2012

Baby blanket finished and in the post.



At last - I have finished the blue and white baby blanket and it is now in the post.   I had finished the edging to the blanket on Saturday evening - just in time because Cody Peter arrived early on Sunday morning.  How about that for timing?    I just needed to sew in the ends and block the blanket.  My cork board is not that big, so I ended up giving it a blast with the steam iron, which worked just as well as blocking I found.


Now I have to sort out my stash of yarn and see what I have to make something else with Granny squares.  I am still intent on 'A Granny a Day'.  Not sure exactly how many I have done so far - I need to have a count up - 180 in the baby blanket, but I have a couple of scarves made up.   I am sure to need to 'catch up'.

We had a great time on our cruise - two weeks in the Mediterranean was just wonderful.  We stopped at Malaga, Barcelona, Cannes, Rome, Naples, Corsica and Gibraltar.

Look who we 'bumped into' in Gibraltar!!!

Leaving Gibraltar

More soon - I promise!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your baby blanket. A little boy will be happy to sleep with it.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Hooked!! and became a follower. Your baby blanket is very nice. I'm sure it will be loved. Thank you for sharing your cruise pictures.
    If you'd like to see my blog, it's sssinthesun.blogspot.com.
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited. I love to hear from you!