Friday 14 September 2012

A month later ......

Hello - since I was last here I have been in France for two weeks staying at the house owned by relatives of Brian.  We have stayed before and just love being there with family.

I took my crochet - of course.  I am still working towards One Granny Square a Day and have to confess to lapses and have to catch up.


I am very pleased with the way this is working out.   My first attempt at joining as you go and the easy method I am using to try and ensure all the squares are different.   I am not sure how large I will make it.  At present there are 64 squares joined, and another 8 to join up.  I have almost run out of the turquoise yarn, so will need to get more.

It was my birthday the day after we arrived and I had a lovely day.  Cousin Sue had painted a lovely picture of pelargoniums growing in a planter on the wall of the house.  She knows pelargoniums are my favourite plants and I am thrilled that she painted this especially for me.


Another gift arrived this morning from my friend in California - 


I have been wanting this book for a while and she spotted it on my Amazon Wish List.  Thank you Sandy.   The books is by Rachel Devine and Peta Mazey.  Rachel has a blog and you can see more of her work here.

My lovely husband gave me an iPad, which I am thrilled with.

The yellow raspberries are slowly ripening and I gathered a small collection this afternoon - I think we will have them with our breakfast cereal in the morning.   There is not enough for one dessert, let along two!  I love these - the birds do not recognise them and so leave them alone for us!  I was given plants a few years ago and don't know the variety.

Finally, I have picked the runner bean pods that I left to ripen.  These will be sown next year.  As you can see I have heaps, so lots to give away.  The variety is Stenner.


On Sunday I am off to Ireland for a week to meet up with my sister Pauline and her friends from Australia. They are on a European tour to celebrate the birthday of one of them.   They have been offered the use of a cottage, and invited me to join them.   

Finally, I just have to show you the photographs of some beautiful sunsets we saw in the village in France.  I took these with my Nikon Coolpix camera.







Aren't they amazing?   



2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! I love the blanket, gorgeous colours. The painting is amazing and so are the photos xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited. I love to hear from you!