Thursday 21 February 2013

Busy two weeks





 The last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic, but brightening my days as I walk through the dining room is this Clivia.  It is about 5 years old and flowers each year, apart from last year when it just did not.  I was thrilled that it is flowering this year.   I love the brightness of the flower.

I had my morning at the IT place and now I think I am up to speed on how to manage the database.   All seems to be moving much more smoothly now.   Last week I had to send out Society magazines to those members who had not renewed.  The printer usually does them, but this edition has to have a show schedule in, but not to those who have not renewed.  They just get a note reminding them to renew, and it was simpler for me to do them.    This week many of those have renewed, so I have been kept pretty busy.   

My phone line is at last with BT.  I am giving serious thought to writing a letter of complaint as the whole episode was quite stressful.




One day last week Brian and I popped into our nearest village, which is larger than ours.  There was a Table Top Sale in the Village Hall.   Sadly it was not very well supported by sellers,  so we left to take a look at the Charity shops (we are great charity shoppers Brian and I).  I found a folding foot stool which I quickly snapped up.  I have one (another charity shop bargain) and when my cousin was visiting she liked it.  So I have my visiting gift for her.  She doesn’t read my blog, not being very interested in computers, so not worry about her knowing I have a present for her.

On our shopping trip we called in at Lidl and I picked up this lovely bunch of mixed chrysanths for half price - £1.50 - they are still flowering well.  We called also at Morrisons - the same bunch of flowers there was priced at £5.00 and not reduced!

Last Saturday was beautiful so we went down to Bognor Regis for the day and had a lovely walk along the front before venturing into town and a look round the charity shops.  I found a lovely book on crochet baby items which seems to have some lovely items in it.   I also found the crochet magazine Inside Crochet which I have been looking for for ages.  All shops had sold out round here.   It had this sweet owl hook gauge inside.  I’m not sure I will subscribe to the magazine, but if I see it in the newsagents I will get it if there is something inside I like the look of.




On Sunday we had a lovely lunch with Brian’s cousin and her family.  There are a lot of them so they hire a room in a pub.  This works out brilliantly as we order our food in advance.  The children, six of them, can play by themselves after our meal without worrying us or other guests.



The Blue Jug has been filled with greenery and flowers every day.  Just now it has viburnum again, plus another shrub that has slightly variegated leaves and a hellebore flower – just the one flower out at the time I picked it, but there are more out now in the garden.  The viburnum has the most deliciously scent that wafts out every time I pass by.




1 comment:

  1. It does sound very busy, also very wonderful :-) Good finds!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited. I love to hear from you!